Volkswagen has announced the 2015 e-Golf, the carmaker’s fully electric vehicle, will be priced starting at $35,445 for the SEL Premium edition and will be available to the public in November.
The zero tailpipe emissions vehicle will join the Golf family of sport hatchbacks.
Built on the Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) platform, the new Golf will be powered by a compact electric motor and lithium-ion battery
Volkswagen has announced a collaboration with 3Degrees, a renewable energy services provider, to invest in carbon reduction projects to help offset the emissions created from production, distribution and charging of the e-Golf for up to approximately 36,000 miles of driving.
Charging solutions from Bosch and Chargepoint along with a new Roadside Assistance program and the VW Car-Net e-Golf app are designed to make owning the e-Golf a thoroughly reassuring, rewarding and enjoyable experience.
The key features, benefits and standard equipment of the e-Golf:
* Combined Charging System (CCS) that allows 80 percent battery charge within 30 minutes;
* Standard 7.2kW onboard charger;
* Average range between 70 and 90 miles, depending on driving style and charging behavior;
* Class-leading 199 lb-ft of torque, with 115 horsepower
* Largest interior space in a compact EV—an impressive 93.5 cubic feet, same volume as Golf
* Versatile cargo area, with 22.8 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats; 52.7 cubic feet with seats folded;
* Three driving profiles designed to preserve energy (“Normal”, “Eco”, and “Eco+”);
* Three driver-selectable regenerative braking levels;
5.8-inch touchscreen navigation system and infotainment center;
* Bluetooth technology;
* SiriusXM Satellite Radio;
* Automatic Post-Collision Braking system;
* Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel;
* Dual-zone automatic climate control;
* LED headlights;
* Bespoke 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels;
* Keyless access;
* Heatable front seats.
* Rearview camera;
* Front and rear Park Distance Control;