Winnebago has launched three accessibility-enhanced motorhomes, the Intent 30R AE, Adventurer 30T AE, and Forza 34T AE, to assist travelers with limited mobility.
The new wheelchair-friendly models are available in three standardized floor plans that include the most commonly requested options.
The new models debuted at the 2019 Florida RV Supershow in mid-January.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 2012 report, there are around 3.6 million people over the age of 15 who use a wheelchair, with an additional 11.6 million people using a cane, crutches or walker to get around.
To serve these large markets, Winnebago offers customers a sense of travel and adventure with an accessibility-enhanced motorhome.
The new vehicles reduce the need for extra planning related to out of town or local travel, provide more options for service animals, and give owners comfort in knowing they’ll always have a wheelchair-friendly bathroom and sleeping arrangement.
Customers interested in purchasing a Winnebago Accessibility-Enhanced RV can choose from three standardized floor plans available for the Intent 30R AE, Adventurer 30T AE, and Forza 34T AE.
These floorplans feature the most common customization requests, including:
* Platform wheelchair lift with an 800-pound lifting capacity
* Powered roll-up lift door, with wall-mount and key-fob remote controls for wheelchair entry and exit
* Expanded hallway and bathroom areas for greater accessibility featuring:
* Large roll-in shower with an assist bar and available folding bench seat, with extended lever faucet controls and adjustable shower head
* Raised toilet with assist bars
* Roll under sink
* Electric adjustable queen bed
* Thermostatically or remote-control roof vents
* Wall-mounted light and generator switches
* Lower installation of the systems monitor panel
* Optional 6-way power transfer seat
* Optional lower microwave placement
Further customization on a Winnebago Accessibility-Enhanced RV is available, including bed and toilet height specification, placement of handrails, ceiling track system installation for mobility without a wheelchair, specific furniture requirements, cabinetry, and aesthetic changes.
For more information about Winnebago’s accessibility-enhanced vehicles, visit: Winnebago
Article Last Updated: January 21, 2019.