The 2022 Ford Maverick has proven a success, although many buyers who placed orders for the new offering in the manufacturer’s extensive of lightweight trucks haven’t received their vehicle and likely won’t soon.
The Maverick combines affordability and fuel efficiency, and it’s also backlogged with many other cars and trucks and many other products within the supply chain fiasco.
With a starting price of $21,490 and a combined fuel economy of 37 miles per gallon, the Ford Maverick tops the list of the country’s most fuel efficient trucks.
Ford Maverick: Best MPG Among Trucks
Here’s a “baker’s dozen” list of the lightweight trucks in the United States with the best combined gas mileage averages.
Each 2022 model truck listed with its starting price and combined gas mileage average.
Ford has six of the 13 trucks on the list. Ram has two vehicles on the list and five additional manufacturers have one truck each on the list, compiled with statistics from Kelley Blue Book.
Ford Maverick: Still A Ghost Truck
1. Ford Maverick, $21,490, 37 mpg;
2. Ford Ranger SuperCab, $26,795, 23 mpg
3. Ford Ranger SuperCrew, $29,195, 23 mpg;
4. Hyundai Santa Cruz, $25,685, 23 mpg;
5. Ford F150 Super Cab, $36,710,22, 22 mpg;
6. Ram 1500 Quad Cab, $34,920, 22 mpg;
7. GMC Canyon Extended Cab, $27,995; 22 mpg;
8. Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab, $26,395, 22 mpg;
9. Ford F150 Regular Cab, $31,685, 21 mpg;
10. Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab, $39,045, 21 mpg;
11. Toyota Tacoma Access Cab, $27,875, 21 mpg;
12. Ram 1500 Crew Cab, $38,895, 21 mpg.
13. Honda Ridgeline, $38,115, 21 mpg.