The 2014 Tesla Model S and its older siblings have been bombarded with awards. In its latest honor, The Tesla was Consumer Reports’ top pick overall among 10 categories of cars, light trucks, and SUVs. The top-10 list was selected from more than 260 vehicles the organization has recently tested.
The magazine considers the Model S a “technological tour de force, while pricey, is brimming with innovation.”
Consumer Reports rated the Model S with a score of 99 out of 100, becoming the magazine’s best car ever tested.
“If it (the Tesla) could recharge in any gas station in three minutes, this car would score about 110,” said Jake Fisher, head of auto testing for Consumer Reports.
Fisher called the car’s performance in the magazine’s performance tests “off the charts.”
Since its introduction, the Tesla has claimed an ever-increasing list of awards, including:
* 2013 World Green Car of the Year.
* Automobile Magazine’s 2013 Car of the Year
* Motor Trend 2013 Car of the Year, also a unanimous decision.
* Popular Science’s Auto Grand Award Winner Best of What’s New list 2012.
* Time Magazine Best 25 Inventions of the Year 2012 award.
* Yahoo! Autos 2013 Car of the Year.
* CNET Tech Car of the Year for 2012.
* Green Car Reports’ Best Car To Buy 2013.
* 2013 AutoGuide.com Reader’s Choice Car of the Year.
* Natural Resources Canada 2013 EcoENERGY for Vehicles Awards in the full-size category.
Article Last Updated: February 26, 2014.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts