Chevrolet dealers in every state can begin taking orders for the 2012 Chevrolet Volt. The starting price of the new model is more than $1,000 less than the 2011 edition, the manufacturer announced.
The suggested retail price for Volt will start at $39,995 (or $32,495 assuming a full federal tax credit of $7,500, which is subject to the customer’s eligibility). The price includes an $850 destination freight charge but excludes tax, title and license fees.
The lower base price is possible in part because of a wider range of options and configurations that come with the expansion of Volt production for sale nationally. The 2011 model was available in just seven states and the District of Columbia.
For 2012, consumers will be able to choose from seven option packages compared with three for the 2011 model. A loaded Volt, with leather appointments, backup camera, navigation system and premium paint and wheels is priced at $46,265 including delivery ($38,765 net of full tax credit).
The Volt will be available in two additional interior accents (white and spiced red) and two new exterior colors (Summit White and Blue Topaz Metallic).
New features for 2012 include:
* Standard keyless access with passive locking; the car automatically locks and unlocks with the key fob in close proximity of vehicle;
* OnStar Turn by Turn navigation standard for three years, and available in-dash navigation system;
* Chevrolet MyLink including Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones (late availability);
* Standard AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback and 7-inch diagonal color touch-screen display;
* Available 17-inch sport alloy wheels with black inserts (late availability).
The 2012 Chevrolet Volt’s warranty will include:
* eight-year /100,000-mile limited warranty on the Volt’s 16-kWh lithium-ion battery, plus:
* Three-year/36,000-mile* bumper-to-bumper coverage
* Five-year/100,000-mile roadside assistance and courtesy transportation
* Five-year/100,000-mile limited gas engine coverage
* Six-year/100,000-mile corrosion protection coverage.
Customers in all states can visit their nearest participating Chevrolet Volt dealer today to order a 2012 Volt. Once an order is placed, a dedicated Volt advisor will be available to answer questions and keep the customer apprised of the order progress.
Nationwide availability will initially be limited as deliveries will occur by phases. Additionally, Chevrolet will have a team of Volt advisors available to answer questions via telephone: 1-888-VOLT-4-YOU (1-888-865-8496).