If there’s any doubt about how quickly the automotive industry is changing, consider the former gas-guzzler reputation of Cadillac.
Once the automotive beacon for bigger meant better and better meant lots of fuel, Cadillac has just revealed its 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ.
With planning for the luxury SUV running ahead of schedule, the brand announced customers may place order reservations beginning in September 2021. Cadillac’s first EV luxury sport utility vehicle in its 2023 debut model, will be available starting in the first half of 2022.
Cadillac LYRIQ: 300-mile range
The future of LYRIQ debuted April 25 in several television commercials broadcast during the Academy Awards.
The LYRIQ will be available with A 12-module, 100-kilowatt-hour battery pack and a rear-wheel-drive Ultium Platform. It will deliver a Cadillac-estimated 340 horsepower and 440 Nm of torque. Its estimated range with a full charge is an estimated 300 miles.
LYRIQ also offers high-speed DC fast charging for public stations at 190 kW, enabling customers to add an estimated 76 miles of range in about 10 minutes of charging time.
For home charging, LYRIQ offers a segment-leading 19.2 kW charging module, which can add up to 52 miles of range per hour of charge.
With Cadillac’s new variable Regen on Demand, drivers can control how quickly LYRIQ slows down or comes to a complete stop using a pressure-sensitive paddle located on the steering wheel. Both technologies make use of regenerative braking to help maximize electric driving efficiency.
Additional 2023 LYRIQ highlights include:
• Available Super Cruise, the industry’s first true hands-free driver-assistance technology for compatible roads;
• A 33-inch-diagonal advanced LED display with the ability to emit over 1 billion colors;
• Cadillac’s next-generation Active Noise Cancellation system;
• Slim-line LED headlamps with a choreographed lighting sequence;
• AKG Studio 19-speaker audio system with headrest speakers
• KeyPass digital vehicle access;
• Dual-level charge cord;
• Standard 20-inch split six-spoke alloy wheels or optional 22-inch dynamic split-spoke Reverse Rim alloy wheels;
• Customers will be able to select from Satin Steel Metallic or Stellar Black Metallic exterior colors, and Sky Cool Gray or Noir for the interior;
• The 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ is expected to have pricing starting at $59,997. It will be produced at GM’s Spring Hill, Tennessee assembly facility.