Clayton Cornell, writing on a web site called Gas 2.0 “Biofuels, Oils, A Revolution,” has compiled an interesting list: The world’s fastest electric cars. Tesla sound right. But Tango and Datsun? Here’s what Cornell writes, in part:
“Below, we’ve listed the world’s top 10 fastest electric cars, based on the best available information (and a little creative license). Note that our criteria does not take into account a variety of important factors like charging time, availability and cost. All cars are simply ranked by the time it takes them to get from 0-60 mph.
“Most of the machines shown here are either not available or otherwise out out of the realm of possibility for most, but then again, so are most high-performance gas-powered cars, but that doesn’t keep us from admiring them.”
And here’s the list:
1. Shelby Supercars Aero EV, 2.5 seconds
2. 1972 Electric Datsun, 3.0 seconds
3. Wrightspeed Xi, 3.07 seconds
4. L1X-75, 3.1 seconds
5. AC Propulsion tZero Roadster, 3.6seconds
6. Tesla Roadster, 3.9 seconds
7. Eliicia, 4.0 seconds
8. Ringspeed iChange, 4.0 seconds
9 Tango, 4.0 seconds
10. Dodge Circuit EV less than 5.0 seconds
For more information and a detailed description of each car, visit: http://gas2.org.