Charlie Sheen has a new television role and apparently a renewed appreciation for charity. His restored 1966 Ford Mustang is being auctioned by the celebrity charitable outfit charitybuzz.com to raise fund for C5LA.
The auction will continue through Nov. 17
Sheen restored the Mustang to complete Nascar specifications in 2006 and added his signature on the dashboard. This one-of-a-kind vehicle would cost approximately $300,000 to duplicate.
Net proceeds benefit C5LA, a five-year youth leadership development program that begins with eighth graders and is designed to inspire high-potential, at-risk youth from under-resources environments in Los Angeles to obtain higher education and personal success.
Charlie Sheen's 1966 Mustang Facts & Figures:
• Currently approved for street use in California;
• Only 155 miles on the vehicle since restoration;
• Can be driven in competition racing sanctioned venues such as Club Events or possible VARA, NASA and HSR events.
• Two master shut-offs;
• Alarm system;
• Nascar 358 Cubic Inch Winston Cup Engine;
• 750 CFM Holley Vacum Secondary Carburetor;
• Approximately 650 Horsepower;
• Custom stainless steel headers and 3 inch exhaust system;
• Complete Weaver Brothers custom dry sump oiling system, Custom braided steel lines for fuel and oil throughout the vehicle, Custom radiator, Custom heavy duty oil cooler, Custom Moroso dual breather tanks;
• Richmond 6-speed transmission with scattershield;
• Tilton style Nascar type hydraulic clutch;
• Alternator mounted next to the driveshaft and driven by the driveshaft;
• Battery mounted in the trunk;
• MSD ignition system;
• Electric fan thermostatically controlled;
• 4-Wheel Wilwood 4-piston caliper disc brakes;
• Dual Wilwood 4-piston master cylinders;
• Custom Nascar type rollcage from engine compartment to trunk of the vehicle
• NASCAR-type adjustable coil-cover shocks;
• Tubular front suspension;
• Shortened Speedway 9-inch Ford Detroit locker rear-end;
• NASCAR Speedway wheel hubs;
• 225/50R15 Front tires and 275/50R15 Rear tires;
• Custom black racing style interior;
• NASCAR-type breakaway steering wheel;
• Black butler racing driver and front passenger seats;
• Black 5-point racing seatbelts, Custom black leather rear speedster cover, Black carpet with red borders, Custom black leather door panels with red stitching;
• Power windows;
• Custom electrical dash panel;
• Custom dash with 6-gauge dash instrument cluster.
• Red exterior;
• Black Lemans style center stripes and Boss 429-type hood scoop;
• All exterior chrome trim pieces/emblems/bumpers and stainless trim pieces were powdercoated black.
For more information about the car and bidding instructions, visit: www.charitybuzz.com.