The automotive website MIBZ.com has compiled a unique car list. It’s a twist on the ever-evolving industry standard list of most expensive new cars. The offshoot list is the 10 most expensive cars sold at auction.
The web site doesn’t elaborate how its list was compiled. Nonetheless, the list is a varied, stunning display of vehicles and some extraordinary prices.
In all likelihood, the impetus for the list occurred in June when the price record was set in the sale a 1936 Bugatti Type 57C Atlantic, one of only three made, o an anonymous buyer for an estimated $30 million.
The site commented: “The buyer remains anonymous and he’d better live in a deserted volcano. Made of platinum. Somewhere on the Moon.”
Here’s the top-10 list of the most expensive cars sold at auction:
10. 1937 Mercedes 540K Roadster ($6.6 Million)
9. 1904 Rolls-Royce 10 HP ($6.6 Million)
8. 1929 Mercedes-Benz 38/250 SSK ($7.7 Million)
7. 1962 Ferrari 330 TRI/LM ($8 Million)
6. 1961 Ferrari 250 GT SWB ($9.8 Million)
5. 1931 Bugatti Royale Berline (13.2 Million)
4. 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa ($13.3 Million)
3. 1931 Bugatti Royale Kellner Coupe ($15.5 Million)
2. 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO ($19.7 Million)
1. 1936 Bugatti Type 57C Atlantic ($45 million)
To read details of the top-10 vehicles sold at auction, vehicle, visit: www.mibz.com.