One thing pickup truck owners universally like is power. The power to tow an RV, haul stuff, advance uphill and downhill, trek off-road. It’s what a 2006 Dodge Ram SRT10 does best.
But what are the top choices for the most powerful trucks? The website hotcars.com has compiled a list and provides facts, figures and reasoning.
The No. 1 vehicle on the list is the 2004-2006 Dodge Ram SRT10. It’s equipped with an 8.3-liter V10 with 500 horsepower. It accelerates from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 4.9 seconds. The regular cab version of the SRT10 has a top speed on 106 mph. The SRT10 can tow 7,500 pounds.
Dodge Ram SRT10 reigns
Here in reverse order and in synopsis form are the 10 most powerful trucks available in the United States:
10. 2014 Ram Cummins. 370 horsepower, Dodge Ram 2500, lifted, 6.7 Hemi V8 liter. Towing capacity, 30,000 pounds; carry limit, 7,320 pounds.
9. 2001-2004 Ford SVT Lightning. 380 horsepower. SOHC Supercharged Triton V8 engine. Acceleration 0 to 60 mph in slightly more than 5 seconds; top speed of 147 mph. The Lightning has 5,000-pound towing capacity and a carry load of 1,350 pounds.
8. 2020 Nissan Titan. 5.6-liter V8 with 400 horsepower, 9,400-pound towing capacity and a 1,696-pound a carry limit.
7. 2020 GMC Sierra 1500. 420 horsepower. 5.3-liter V8 engine. Optional “transparent trailer” view. Towing capacity 9,800 pounds, carry limit 2,240 pounds.
6. 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. 420 horsepower. Towing capacity, 9,800 pounds; 2,280-pound carry load in its 5.3-liter V8. Options include: regular cab with a long bed, double cab with a standard bed, crew cab with a short bed, and crew cab with a standard bed.
5. 2020 Ford F-350 Power Stroke. 450 horsepower, 6.7-liter Power Stroke Diesel. Towing capacity, 24,000 pounds; carry capacity more than 7,000 pounds.
4. 2020 Ford F-150 Raptor. 450 horsepower. Twin-turbo V6 engine, 10-speed automatic transmission. Acceleration 0 to 60 mph in 5.1 seconds. Towing capacity 8,000 pounds; 1,366-pound carry limit.
3. 2020 Ford F-450 Lariat. 475 horsepower. 6.7-liter Powerstroke V8 Turbo Diesel. Towing capacity, 24,200 pounds with a conventional setup, 32,550 pounds with a fifth wheel. Carry limit, 7,850 pounds.
2. 2020 Ford Super Duty. 475 horsepower. 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8. Towing capacity with fifth-wheel and gooseneck hitch added, 37,000 pounds. Carry limit, 7,850 pounds.
1. 2004-2006 Dodge Ram SRT10. See above.